Gum tissue grafts Markham
Periodontitis can cause your gums to recede, it makes your teeth prone to decay and also makes it more sensitive and prone to abrasion and eventually lead to loss of teeth. If your gums are receding, we recommend a gum tissue graft. Gum tissue graft is also called as a gingival graft. This can help you can correct receding gums. At our clinic, our periodontist or gum specialist offer gum tissue grafts at affordable prices. This is a surgical procedure to help restore your gums and improve your overall oral hygiene. Get in touch with us now for more information. Our team serves patients in and around Markham.
Helping you restore gums
Our team understands the severity of gum recession. Our team offers several types of gum tissue grafts depending on the severity of damage. Our periodontist will discuss the kinds of surgery available and provide you with the best option.
Our periodontist will administer anaesthesia to numb the area and then proceed. We will lift the gum and clean it and then stitch it back. This procedure is quick. Get in touch with us now for more information, we will be happy to help you with all your needs.
Types of gum grafts:
- Free gingival graft
- Connective tissue graft
- Pedicle (lateral) graft
Our team will suggest the right procedure for you based on your needs and dental condition. Please note you do not have to fast or change your diet for the procedure. As this procedure is undertaken under the influence of anaesthesia, it is important to arrange a ride to and from your appointment.
We will provide you necessary medications to cope with post-surgery pain and discomfort.
Complications of gum tissue grafts
Complications of gum graft surgery are uncommon, however in rare circumstances you may experience the following:
- Sensitive teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen gums
Tips to follow during recovery
There are several things you must follow post-surgery, they are
- Avoid flossing or brushing at the treatment site
- Use mouthwash to controls plaque build up
- Take antibiotics prescribed by our dental surgeon
- Avoid physical activities
- Avoid eating hard foods
- Eat soft food such as yogurt, and soft cheese
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
Key take aways
- Gum recession occurs when gum tissue wears away
- Gum recession can cause sensitivity while eating or drinking hot or cold foods.
- If left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss.
- A gum graft is a type of dental surgery to correct gum recession.
- It is a quick simple surgery.
- This procedure can help you enhance your smile and also protect the exposed tooth from further damage.
We are a trusted clinic offering quality and reliable gum tissue grafts. Over the years we have helped a number of patients restore their smiles and improve their over all oral hygiene. We are well equipped and qualified to handle complex dental issues. For more information or to book your appointment with our team of dentists now. We serve patients in Markham.
CTA: At our clinic we offer gum tissue grafts at affordable prices. Get in touch with us now. Take advantage of our services in Markham.